Socialist Voice from the CPOI July 4, 2012Posted by WorldbyStorm in Economy, European Politics, Irish Politics, The Left.
To download above file click on following link: SV-91 copy
From the front page piece:
In one year alone the Irish state paid more than €10 billion to bondholders. In the last week of June the present Government paid €1.1 billion to four unsecured and unguaranteed bondholders, two from Irish Nationwide and two from Anglo-Irish.
Our own internal Troika of Fine Gael, the Labour Party and Fianna Fáil
have been telling us that we must pay this debt, and that it can be paid by a
combination of massive cuts in public spending and then through the economy growing—that the economy would grow by such and such a percentage per year (3 to 4 per cent in 2013).
1. No other solution than repudiating this debt [EMC]
2. “Plan B” poses no challenge to the established orthodoxy [EMC]
3. A new IMF working paper is brutally stark [COM]
4. Revealing capitalism in Ireland [NL]
5. Slavery alive and well in Kildare
6. Tax on millionaires, 2011 [KC]
7. Push back! [JP]
8. Who’s writing the script? (Reply to Jack O’Connor) [SMD]
9. Nora Harkin (1910–2012) [SE]
10. A great daughter of our country
11. Paraguay: return of the mafia state [SE]
12. Spanish miners show the way! [TMS]
13. Letter: Marian Price