The CLR Political Quiz …. Number 6 …. The Answers October 19, 2012Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. How many candidates did The National Progressive Democrats field in Dail Elections?
In the 1961 General Election they fielded 3 candidates. Noel Browne in Dublin South East and John McQuillan in Roscommon who were both elected and Kathleen Brady in Carlow Kilkenny who polled 1,484 votes.
In 1958 Noel Hartnett stood for them in the Dublin South Central By-Election polling 2,688 votes.
2. From the 1997 General Election results , put these parties in order of their vote, the highest first.(note that electionsireland.org does not have a full candidate listing for some of these parties as some got classed as Independents)
The Natural Law Party, The Socialist Workers Party,The Workers Party and The Christian Solidarity Party.
Christian Solidarity Party 8357 votes
The Workers Party 7808 votes
Socialist Workers Party 2028 votes
Natural Law Party 1515 votes
3. Which former Sinn Fein Councillor recently joined éirígí?
New Ross Town Councillor John Dwyer
4. Which Presidential candidate had the slogan “A Man for All Seasons …And a President For All People” ?
5. In the 2011 General Election, how many women were elected on the first count?
Two. Joan Burton and Roisin Shorthall
6. In the 1997 General Election, Dermot Kirwin stood as an Independent in Waterford. What was his main campaign issue?
He was a TV Deflector candidate
7. SKIA and LRP are two parties registered for local elections. What do the initials stand for?
South Kerry Independent Alliance
Letterkenny Residents Party
8. What Party did Pat Rabbitte leave in 1976?
9. What was the first Website url for the Official Fianna Fail site?