The CLR Political Quiz …Number 8 …. October 26, 2012Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who was the only ever candidate for the “Sligo-Leitrim Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Constituents by Lying and Cheating Politicians” ?
2. What song has the words “Pearse and McDermott will pray for you on high, Eager and ready, for love of you they die” ?
3. Who did Alan Shatter succeed as Minister for Justice?
4. Who is the only leader of an Irish political party to have been murdered?
5. In the Republic of Ireland, did the CPI-ML ever field candidates in General Elections or was it just by-elections (and local elections) ?
6. Which former TD was formerly Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagans Landlord?
7. Where was the first Fianna Fail Ard Fheis held?
8. In 2009 Ted Tynan was elected for the Workers Party to Cork City Council. It was his second time to be elected to the Council, when was the first?
9. What year did Eamonn McCann contest his first Westminster Election?