The CLR Political Quiz …Number 8 …. The Answers November 2, 2012Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who was the only ever candidate for the “Sligo-Leitrim Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Constituents by Lying and Cheating Politicians” ?
Noel ‘Flukey’ Gorman
2. What song has the words “Pearse and McDermott will pray for you on high, Eager and ready, for love of you they die” ?
Legion of the Rearguard
3. Who did Alan Shatter succeed as Minister for Justice?
4. Who is the only leader of an Irish political party to have been murdered?
In the Republic Seamus Costello
5. In the Republic of Ireland, did the CPI-ML ever field candidates in General Elections or was it just by-elections (and local elections) ?
Yes they did, Rod Eley contested the February 1982 General Election in Dublin West polling 59 votes
6. Which former TD was formerly Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagans Landlord?
7. Where was the first Fianna Fail Ard Fheis held?
8. In 2009 Ted Tynan was elected for the Workers Party to Cork City Council. It was his second time to be elected to the Council, when was the first?
9. What year did Eamonn McCann contest his first Westminster Election?
1970 in the LondonDerry Constituency
10. Who is the woman pictured below?
<a href=”http://cedarlounge.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/quizpic.jpg”><img title=”quizpic” alt=”" src=”http://cedarlounge.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/quizpic.jpg” height=”272″ width=”188″ /></a>