The CLR Political Quiz … Number 23 (International Women’s Day Edition) March 8, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. When was the last time Fianna Fail had no female TD?
2. Who was the first female Tainiste ?
3. The Irish Housewives Association had one Councillor, name her?
4. Who was the last former female MP to contest a General Election in The Republic of Ireland?
5. Which Actress stood for the PDs in the 1991 Local Elections?
6. Whose book on the 2009 European Election campaign was called ‘The Candidate’?
7. Who was Labours first female TD?
8. How many different women have run for the Presidency?
9. Who is Deputy leader of the Labour Party?
10.Who is this?
answers to last weeks quiz
1. Chris O’Malley
2. They objected to the use of PR
3. Patrick Ruttledge
4. six (FF, FG, Lab, PD, Green, DL)
5. O’Reilly objected to the list of candidates on a ballot paper being in alphabetical order. (He later changed his name to Pat ‘Abel’ O’Reilly but it didn’t do him much good electorally)
7. Daire Fitzgerald in Dun Laoghaire with 434 votes.
8. Chris Andrews
9. 6 (after Eric Byrne and Kathleen Lynchs by election wins)
10. John Cushnahan