The CLR Political Quiz … Number 24 ..Meath Special March 15, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
In the run up to the Meath East By-Election I figured I’d do a Meath themed quiz this week.
1. Shane McEntee was elected in the 2005 Meath By-Election caused by John Bruton resigning to take up a new post. What job was it that Bruton took on?
2. Was electronic voting used in that 2005 by-election?
3. In that 2005 by-election a late change saw Shane Cassells emerge as the Fianna Fail candidate…. who was originally to be the FF candidate?
4. Which League of Ireland team did Fianna Fail Senator Thomas Byrnes father play for ?
5. Which Treaty Signatory was a TD for Meath?
6. When Democratic Left merged with Labour , did it have any Councillors in Meath?
7. In the 1945 Local Elections James Hilliard was elected to Meath County Council under what banner?
8. Which former Labour Deputy Leader was a Meath TD ?
9. Former Meath footballer Graham Geraghty famously ran for Fine Gael in 2007 in Meath West and lost. Who was the last former Meath senior footballer to be elected to the Dail for Meath?
10. Who is this?
Answers to last weeks quiz
1. In the 1937 General Election no Female FF TDs were returned.
2. Mary Harney
3. Kathleen Swanton
4. Bernadette Devlin / McAliskey
5. Jeananne Crowley
6. Susan O Keefe
7. Maureen O’Carroll
8. 6 Robinson, Banotti, Dana, McAleese, Roche, Davis
9. Joan Burton
10. Kit Ahern