History Ireland 1913 Special July 8, 2013Posted by WorldbyStorm in 1913, Economy, Irish History, Irish Politics.
This came through the letterbox just before the weekend and it’s an excellent issue and well worth acquiring.
As it says on the HI site:
In this month’s issue:
- ‘An inspiration to all who gaze upon it’
- Labour in waiting: the after-effects of the Dublin Lockout
- Helena Molony: a revolutionary life
- Liberty Hall: 1960s eyesore or modernist icon?
- Policing the Lockout: the role of the DMP
- The girl orator of the Bowery: Elizabeth Gurley Flynn
- Dublin Metropolitan Police batons
- ‘Bad, sad specimens of the human race’
And there’s a piece by Brian Hanley which explores class implications of 1913.