The CLR Political Quiz ……. Number 49 September 20, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which member of the Mayo All Ireland winning team of 1951 became a TD (and later a Minister) ?
2. Who was the last Dublin All Ireland winner to stand for Election?
3. Which elected Irish MEP (from 1979 onwards) won a cap for Ireland in Rugby?
4. Which party proposed relocating Dail Eireann to Athlone?
5. Which of the following did not appear in the FF ‘Songbook of the Rearguard’… ‘Joe Hill’, ‘The Ballad of James Larkin’ or ‘The Croppy Boy’?
6. How many candidates did Direct Democracy Ireland field in the 2011 General Election?
7. What was the last Irish Political Party that Pat Cox was a member of?
8. Which Sinn Fein TDs were born outside the Island of Ireland?
9. Which two Irish Parties are part of European United Left/Nordic Green Left in the European Parliament?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz … Number 48
1. 1944 in Donegal West
5. Clare Daly
6. 19 (they lost two and Eamon Coughlan joined and Hildegarde Naughten was nominated )
7. Eamon DeValera
8. 2007 General Election
9. €10 or €5 for student/unwaged
10. Liam Skelly