The CLR Political Quiz …….Number 60 December 20, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
Just a note to say that there will be a bumper Christmas edition of The CLR Political Quiz next Monday complete with a prize for the winner!
2. In 1967 how many Ratepayers candidates were elected to Dublin Corporation?
3. The son of which poet resigned from the Seanad in 1980?
4. After the Seanad Referendum was defeated in which Dublin pub did ‘Democracy Matters’ have their victory celebration?
5. What was the first Electoral contest (Locals Euro, Dail, By-election etc) where the ‘People Before Profit Alliance’ fielded a candidate?
6. What was the last Electoral contest (Locals Euro, Dail, By-election etc) where the Natural Law Party fielded a candidate?
7. Jim Mitchell, Albert Reynolds and Conor Cruise O’Brien all held which Ministerial post?
8. How many Tánaiste have gone on to be Taoiseach?
9. In 2003 Brain Cowen recorded which song for a charity CD ?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz… Number 59
1. A No Vote
2. Myra and Dick Barry
3. The Vanguard Unionist Progressive Party
4. Simon Coveney, Mary Lou McDonald, Alan Kelly,
5. 14 -John Paul Phelan, Michael McNamara, Padraig MacLochlainn, Joe O’Reilly,Pearse Doherty, Seamus Kirk, Sean Crowe, Martin Ferris, Kathleen Lynch,Pat Rabbitte, Caoimhghin O Caolain, Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagan, Catherine Murphy, Shane Ross
6. Mary and Geraldine Harney
7. The National Party
8. Jack Gleeson (who plays Joffrey) is a grandson of Declan Costello
9. Dermot Lacey and Gerry Ashe
10. Oliver J Flanagan