The CLR Political Quiz ….. Number 72 July 25, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. In 1974 which current Female TDs brother ran for Fianna Fail for a seat on Dublin City Council ?
2. Did the Socialist Labour Party win any Council seats in the 1979 Local Elections?
3. Who is the Socialist Party candidate in the forthcoming Dublin South West By Election?
4. After the Cabinet reshuffle, which Two Constituencies now have two Ministers at the cabinet table?
5. In the Local Elections which LEA had the lowest percentage Fine Gael vote?
6. Who was the last Senator to Win a Dail By-Election ?
7. In Which General Election did ‘Political Columnist’ Noel Whelan run for Fianna Fail ?
8. What was unusual about Dr Robert Rowlettes 1933 By-Election victory?
9. Which Three Counties Currently have only one TD resident in them?
10. Who is this?
Answers to the CLR Political Quiz …Number 71
1. 1919 Sligo Corporation
2. Billy Timmins
3. Aengus O Snodaigh and Chris Andrews (both TDs at the time)
5. Fianna Fail
6. Foreign Affairs
7. Joan Burton
8. Tom Ryan
10. Phil Hogan
The CLR Political Quiz …. Number 71 July 18, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. When and where was PR first used in an Irish Election?
2. Which Wicklow TD has an All Ireland Club Medal ?
3. Which Two TDs were part of the ‘Gaza Freedom Flotilla’ in late 2010 ?
4. Has a People Before Profit Alliance candidate ever stood in a Dail By Election?
5. Which party established the “Forum for Opportunity” ?
6. What Ministerial office did Ray Burke hold when resigned in disgrace in 1997?
7. In 2007 who was voted the Magill TD of the Year ?
8. Which former Limerick Hurling manager stood in the 2002 General Election?
9. How many current TDs were first elected to the Dail in By-Elections?
10. Who is this?
The CLR Political Quiz … Special Edition …. May 30, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
Thought this question was so good that it deserved its very own quiz…..
1. The brother of which Minister was a presenter of the TV show ‘Bosco’ ?
The CLR Political Quiz…… Number 70 April 11, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who was Labours second female TD ?
2. Who said “In Galway there is no Communism” ?
3. What Group had an address of PO Box 2944 , Dublin 1 ?
4. Who co promoted The Boomtown Rats gig in Clondalkin in the Late 70′s, Liam Lawlor, John Curran, Derek Keating or Tomas MacGiolla ?
5. Who is this?
6. Name the Party founded by Nora Bennis?
7. Who wrote the book “No Workers’ Republic!” ?
8. In 1996 The PDs produced a plan “A New Heart for Dublin” where was Dublin Port to be relocated to?
9. In the 1990′s ‘The Glowpath’ was an annual walk that culminated in a protest outside the Dail. What was the protest about?
10. Name these three gents
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz … Number 69
1. Jackie Healy Rae, Mildred Fox, Harry Blaney and Tom Gildea
2. Packie Gralton
3. Eileen Desmond in 1965
4. Fine Gael in 2002
6. Conor Cruise O’Brien, Justin Keating, Brendan Corish, Michael O’Leary, James Tully
8. Joe Behan
The CLR Political Quiz ……… Number 69 April 4, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. In 1997 which Independent TDs did a deal with Fianna Fail to support the government ? and who was assigned to ‘look after’ them ?
2. Who was The President of the Sligo Leitrim Independent Socialist Party when it joined Labour in early 1992 ?
3. Who was the last wife to win a by election caused by the death of her husband?
4. Which Party had the slogan ‘Vision, With Purpose’?
5. Which was the last General Election that Labour used the Starry Plough as their logo?
6. In 1977 Labour had ads ‘Vote Labour, Here are five good Reasons Why’. What were the five reasons?
7. What year was Labour Youths first National Conference.
8. Who was the only Independent TD to lose their seat in 2011 ?
9. Where was the 1985 Fine Gael Ard Fheis held ?
10. What Partys logo was this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 68
1. 1963 for JFK visit
2. Mick Wallace
3. Albert Reynolds
4. Gráinne Mhic Géidigh
5. Thomas Hollywood
7. Sonny Knowles
8. Jaan Van de Ven
9. Damian Quigg
10. Sean Purcell
The CLR Political Quiz…. Number 68 March 7, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. What was the Dail first televised?
2. Which Male TD had an ear ring on his picture on the ballot paper in 2011 ?
3. Who said this “This isn’t pressure, pressure is when the bank ring u Friday evening and tell you to have 10k by Monday or they foreclose” ?
4. Who was the first ever Sinn Féin candidate to be elected to Údarás na Gaeltachta ?
5. Which 2011 General Election candidate had the following line on his leaflet “I think a new political party, The Spirit Party, should be formed ” ?
6. What Election is this from?
7. Which of the following onetime ‘celebrity candidates’ had a son on the books of Shamrock Rovers , Jeananne Crowley , Sonny Knowles or Ted Nealon ?
8. Who is the leader of Direct Democracy Ireland?
9. Which Sinn Fein Local Election candidate is a nephew of former SDLP politician Sean Farren?
10. Who is this?
The CLR Political Quiz …………… Number 67 February 21, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which former running mate of Gay Mitchell is running as an Independent in this years Local Elections having failed to be selected by Fine Gael?
2. Which former Minister is a Vice President of the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland ?
3.”He is a colourless member of the Corporation and has made a couple of fairly pointless speeches in the Dail” was a included in a bio of which TD from the 80′s ?
4. Name the uncle of former MEP Mary Banotti, who had a spell as a TD?
5. Which former Irish European Commissioner was a member of Sean Dublin Bay Loftus’s shortlived Christian Democrat Party?
6. Which Boxing club is Fine Gael candidate Kenneth Egan a member of?
7. Which TD is co author of the book “Drainage Policy in Ireland”
8. “His Dail contributions are banal” was a included in a bio of which other TD from the 80′s ?
9. Who was this gent referring to and when?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ……. Number 66
1. Sligo-Leitrim and Dublin North in March 1925
2. Hugh Coveney
4. FG Hugh Byrne
5. All three were appointed ministers their first day in the Dail.
6. Michael O’Leary
7. Barry Desmond
8. Dr Bill Loughnane
9. Michael Noonan
10. Noel Davern
The CLR Political Quiz …………………… Number 66 February 14, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. When was the last time there was a by-election for two seats in the same constituency?
2. Who captained the 1979 Irish Admirals Cup team ?
3. What Constituency is Kildare in for this years European Elections?
4. Which former TD wrote the book “Electroencephalograms on Irish Boxers” ?
5. What distinction do Noel Browne, Martin O’Donoghue and Kevin Boland have in common ?
6. In 1977 Frank Cluskey replaced Brendan Corish as leader of the Labour Party, who did he defeat in the Leadership contest?
7. Which former TD for a Dublin constituency had a father who had been Lord Mayor of Cork?
8. Which former TD was a winner of the All-Ireland championships with the Tulla Céilí Band as a fiddler?
9. Who succeeded Sean Doherty as Minister for Justice ?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz … Number 65
1. Jim Higgins
2. Michelle Mulherin
3. John Dunlop
4. Martin Lonergan
5. just Jerry Cowley
7. Flor O’Mahony
8. Two -Kevin Boland and Paddy Madigan (didn’t count Neil Blaney as he was IFF)
9. Finghin Kelly
10. Michael Begley
The CLR Political Quiz … Number 65 February 7, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which Irish MEP has won the Junior Chamber Ireland debating championships twice?
2. In 2011 which TD called for National Service to be introduced in Ireland?
3. The United Ulster Unionist Party had one MP, name him?
4. Who is The Mattie McGrath candidate in the Cahir/Clonmel Local Electoral Area ?
5. How many of the Independent candidates elected to the Dail in 2002 have since stood for Labour?
6. In which General Election did Fine Gael use the slogan “Don’t Vote Fianna Fail, Vote Better Times for All, Vote Fine Gael” ?
7. Which former Labour Senator stood for the Dail on five occasions without success in constituencies on Dublins Northside and Southside?
8. How many former Fianna Fail Councillors/ Senators or TDs have stood as Independents in Irish European Elections?
9. Name the Irishman who stood in last years local elections in Brussells ?
10. Who is this ?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ………….. Number 64
1. Michael O’Morain
2. Wayne Flanagan Tobin and Simon Hall
3. Hugh Byrne
5. Alice Glenn
6. Paddy O’Toole
8. Dessie Ellis
9. Brendan Halligan (Labour) in 1976
10. John Ellis
The CLR Political Quiz ………….. Number 64 January 31, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. In 1969 which Fianna Fail TD declared that the Labour Party had been taken over by a bunch of “Left Wing political queers from Trinity College and Telifis Eireann”?
2. Which two candidates in the forthcoming Local Elections set up an organisation “People Before Parties” ?
3. In 1978 which TD was expelled from the Fine Gael Parliamentary Party for voting against the Party Whip and abusive behaviour to Nurses protesting at the Dail ?
4. Ted Nealon passed away this week. How many ‘Nealon’s Guides’ were published?
5. Which of the following ran a Dress Design Business prior to becoming a TD, Alice Glenn, Cecilia Keaveney or Liz O’Donnell?
6. In the run up to the 1981 General Election which Minster promised aside from the Airport, an International Sports Complex for the Knock area?
7. What year was Phil Hogan first elected to Kilkenny County Council ?
8. How many of the Sinn Fein candidates elected to Dublin City Council in 2009 have gone on to be TDs?
9. Were Brian Hayes to win a European Seat there will be a by-election in Dublin South West. When was the last By-Election there and who won the seat?
10.Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 63 …’Minority’ Sports Special
1. Bernard Allen
2. Sean Ryan
3. Alan Shatter
4. Batt O’Keefe
5. John Pius Boland
6. GV Wright
7. John Hume
8. Bernard Allen
9. Sean Sherlock
10. Eamon Coughlan