The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 35 June 14, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. In the 1991 Local Elections, of those Fianna Fail TDs that stood only one didn’t win a Council seat. Who?
2. Which former leader of a Northern Irish political party was a first cousin of Charlie Haughey?
3. In 1983 Sean Doherty resigned from the FF Parliamentary party after the phone tapping of 3 journalists whilst he was Minister for Justice was exposed. Who resigned from the FF front bench at the same time having used Garda tape recorders to secretly record conversations with a cabinet colleague ?
4. Who is the longest serving Councillor on the current Dublin City Council?
6. What year was Declan Bree first elected to Sligo Corporation?
7. Who is the MP for West Belfast?
8. In the 1992 General Election Joe MacDonough stood for which party in Dublin North West?
9. In 1991 who were the four Green Party Councillors elected onto Dublin City Council?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 34
1. Lucinda Creighton
2. Karin Dubsky
3. Declan Ganley – by Jim Higgins
5. Monica Barnes
6. Fathers Rights Responsibility Party
7. Just the one, Pascal Mooney
9. Progressive Democrats
10. Joe Higgins
The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 34 June 7, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who is Fine Gael Senator Paul Bradford Married to?
2. In 2011 Which candidate withdrew from the race for the Seanad Dublin University election after discovering she wasn’t an Irish Citizen?
3. Which 2009 European Elections candidate was branded by a fellow candidate as a ‘puppet of the US military’?
4. The ‘Youth Wing’ of which party had a magazine ‘Futureline’ ?
5. Who was the first female Vice President of Fine Gael?
6. Liam Ó Gógáin led which Irish Party ?
7. How many Fianna Fail Senators had Fathers that were also Senators?
8. The late Ruairí Ó Brádaigh was a TD for which constituency?
9.In 1986 which party brought forward a bill in the Dail that included ‘Terminating the Seanad’ ?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz …Number 33
3. Cumann na nGaedhael
4. The IFA
5. Donegal Progressive Party
6. Fianna Fail
7. Stability Treaty
8. John Cushnahan
9. Éamonn Coughlan
10. Berry Kiely
The CLR Political Quiz ………. Number 33 May 31, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. What was the name of the ‘Steamy’ Novel written by Alan Shatter?
2. In 2002 what party had the slogan ‘Ambitious for Ireland’ ?
3. In June 1927 Clann Eireann fielded 7 candidates in the General Election. They were a split from which party?
4. Richard Kennedy and Derek Deane were the losing candidate in which 2010 Election?
5. William Buchanan, Winston Patterson and Jim Devenney were all elected to Donegal County Council for which Party?
6. For which party was former Louth Labour TD Michael Bell, first elected to Louth County Council ?
7. Which Referendum featured a group ‘Sportstars for Yes’ ?
8. Which of these have not been members of the Oireachtas, Seamus Mallon, John Cushnahan or Austin Currie ?
9. Which Fine Gael Senator won a Silver Medal at the 1978 European Athletics Championships?
Answers to CLR Political Quiz ………….Number 32
1. Ned o’Keefe
2. Joe Sherlock
3. Michael McDowell
4. Tras Honan and Carrie Acheson
5. Marie Metcalfe
6. Ben Gilroy (song is on DDI site)
7. Tomas McGiolla
8. Community Democrats of Ireland
10. Michael Keating
The CLR Political Quiz ………. Number 32 May 24, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which former Fianna Fail TD called for the film ‘Babe’ to be banned, as it may impact on the sales of Christmas Hams?
2. Who was the only person to have been elected a TD for Sinn Fein The Workers Party, The Workers Party and Labour?
3. In the aftermath of the 2007 General Election, the Irish Independent ran an article with the headline “Politics has lost a man of guts and fierce integrity”. Which former TD that had lost his seat in 2007 were they referring to?
4. In 1981, who were the first sisters elected to the Oireachtas ?
5. Who did Anna Quigley replace on Dublin City Council?
6. Which candidate in the recent Meath East By-Election had a campaign song to the tune of ‘New York New York’ ?
7. Which Workers Party TD used the slogan ‘A Head and Shoulders above the Rest’ ?
8. What party contested the 1979 European Elections as part of the ‘European Liberals’ group ?
9. Which group has an address of 56 Queen Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary ?
Answers to the CLR Political Quiz … Number 31
1. Olga Bennett
2. Timmy Dooley
3. Bertie Ahern
4. CRAG -Cavan Road Action Group
5. Noel O’Gara
6. Cumann na nGaedhael
7. Pierces Foundry
8. 35% in a Millward Brown / TV3 poll 24/09/2010
9. Mary Coughlan
10. Former Indepednent TD Tom Gildea
Answers to the CLR Political Quiz … Number 30
1. Henry Coyle of Cumann na nGaedheal, jailed for Bouncing Cheques.
2. John Halligan
4. Dominic Cafferky and Bernard Common.
5. Arbour Hill
6. The Litter Pollution Act
7. Michael ‘Stroke’ Fahy
8. Louise Minihan
10. Liam Lawlor
The CLR Political Quiz ………. Number 31 May 17, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1 comment so far
1. Which 1992 General Election candidate used the title of Linda Martins Eurovision winning song of the same year, as a slogan?
2. Who is the Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Transport, Tourism and Sport?
3. What Politician turned the sod at Tallaght Stadium?
4. What group caused headlines by winning four seats on Cavan County Council in the 1991 Local Elections?
5. Who ran under the banner of the ‘Planning Reform Party’ ?
6. What Party had an Address at 5 Parnell Square?
7. Who were the first company to ‘lockout’ workers in the 1911 Wexford Lockout?
8. What was Labours highest polling rating in the various 2010 Opinion polls?
9. Who took over from Mary Harney as Minister for Health?
10. Who is this?
Last weeks answers next week (as I’ve them written down somewhere I cant access at the minute )
1. Who was the first TD to be sentenced to jail?
2. Which of the following have not served time in jail, Proinsias De Rossa, John Halligan, Christy Burke ?
3. What year were Joe Higgins and Clare Daly Jailed in connection with the Bin Charges protests?
4. Which two Clann na Talmhan TDs served prison terms for Land agitation in Mayo?
5. In 2005 Ray Burke was sentenced to six months prison term for Tax Evasion, What Prison was he in?
6. In 1998 Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagan spent 3 weeks in Jail for non payment of fines in relation to what?
7. Which Councillor voted in the 2007 Seanad Elections from prison?
8. Which Dublin City Councillor served time in Jail in 2012 over the non payment of a fine?
9. What year was Tony Gregory jailed in connection with protests by Street Traders ?
10. Who is this?
Answers to the CLR Political Quiz …Number 29
2. A ‘Yes’ Vote’
3. Mick Billane
4. Emmet Stagg
5. Monetary Reform Party
7. Alan Shatter
8. Dublin North West, Dublin South, Dublin South West, Dun Laoghaire and Dublin South East
9. Rainbow Government
10. Fine Gael TD Brian Walsh
The CLR Political Quiz ……… Number 29 May 3, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which party had an election website makeachange.ie ?
2. In the 2002 Abortion Referendum were The Pro Life Campaign calling for a Yes or a No vote?
3. What former Workers Party Councillor ran for Fianna Fail in the 2004 Local Elections?
4. Which current TD had a brother who died on Hunger Strike?
5. Oliver J Flanagan joined Fine Gael from which party?
6. Are there any siblings in this Dail?
7. Which minister appeared on an election leaflet dressed in Star Trek gear?
8. In the 1983 Abortion Referendum which Constituencies returned a majority ‘No’ vote?
9. “A Government of Renewal” was the title of which Governments ‘Programme for Government’ document?
10. Who is this?
Answers to CLR Political Quiz ….Number 28
1. Proinsias De Rossa
2. Richard Boyd Barrett
3. Seamus Kirk
4. The Green Party (They were The Green Alliance then)
5. An agreement on transfer between FG and Labour in 2007
6. Fianna Fail in Dun Laoghaire
7. Brian Meaney(now FF) and Chris O’Leary (SF)
8. Fergus O’Dowd is a former Labour Councillor
9. Gilmore was unopposed in the Labour Leadership Election.
10. John Joe McGirl
The CLR Political Quiz …. Number 28 April 19, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who said “In all my dealings with Michael Lowry as a member of the government over the past two years, I have always found him to be an honourable and efficient Minister” ?
2. Who is the Leader of The People Before Profit Alliance?
3. Who is the oldest current Fianna Fail TD ?
4. What party had an address at 15 Upper Stephen Street , Dublin 8 ?
5. What was the ‘Mullingar Accord’?
6. Justice Adrian Hardiman stood for which party in the 1985 local elections?
7. Which two former Green Party City or County Councillors are still City or County Councillors?
8. In a recent Dail speech Clare Daly mentioned former Labour Leader Michael O’Learys move to Fine Gael. Which current Fine Gael TD is a former Labour Councillor?
9. Who were the other candidates in the Labour Party Leadership election that produced Eamon Gilmore as leader?
10.Who is this?
Answers to CLR Political Quiz ..Number 27
1. Honor Crowley in the 1945 Kerry South By-Election
2. Eamon De Valera
3. Bobby Sands
4. The DSP
5. Harry Hutchinson
6. Fine Gael 2002
7. Ruairi Quinn
9. John Curran
10. Richard Greene
The CLR Political Quiz ……. Number 27 April 12, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who was the first woman to win a by-election caused by the death of her husband?
2. In 1933 Which Fianna Fail candidate won a seat in the Northern Irish Parliament?
3. Which former MP used the pen name ‘Marcella’ ?
4. In the 1980′s which Party produced a paper called “The Free Press” ?
5. Which candidate stood for the Socialist Party in the 2005 Northern Ireland Local Elections and stood for People Before Profit in the 2011 Assembly Elections?
6. “Vision, With Purpose” was a slogan used by which party in which election campaign?
7. Of the current Dail, who is The Labour Party’s longest serving TD?
8. Have there been more Fine Gael or Progressive Democrat Tainiste?
9. In March 2010 who was appointed Government Chief Whip?
10. Who is this?
Answers The CLR Political Quiz ……. Number 26
1. Finian McGrath
2. Ruth Coppinger
3. Frances Fitzgerald
4. Not mentioned at all
5. Jim Connell
6. Fingin Kelly
8. Sean Kenny and Michael O’Halloran
9. Kate Feeney
The CLR Political Quiz … Number 26 April 5, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which TD has an advertising hoarding in Tolka Park?
2. Who is the longest serving Socialist Party Councillor?
3. In the recent Meath East By-Election, Who was Helen McEntees director of elections ?
4. ‘Jobs, Reform ,Fairness’ was the theme of Labours 2011 Litir um Thoghchán . How many times was the slogan mentioned on Meath East By-Election candidate Eoin Holmes Litir um Thoghchán ?
5. Who wrote the song “The Red Flag”
6.Which Irish Socialist Party member stood in last years Belgian local elections?
7. In 2011 Which party urged votes not to litter their Litir um Thoghchán ?
8. Who were the 2 Labour candidates elected to Dublin City Council in 1985?
9. Who is the President of Ogra Fianna Fail?
10. Who is this?