The CLR Political Quiz ….. Number 2 … The Answers September 21, 2012Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ….. Number 2
1.The Green Party has three County Councillors – name them?
Brian Meaney in Clare , Malcome Noonan in Kilkenny and Marianne Butler in Louth.
2. What was the total number of different women elected to the Dáil pre- 1970 (from 1922 onwards) ?
Amazingly just 22. You’ll find the answer here
3. And total number of women elected to the Dail post-1970?
73 again You’ll find the answer here
4. Which former Dublin Footballer ran for The Progressive Democrats in Dublin in the 1991 Local Elections ?
Barney Rock ran in Finglas polling 940 votes
5. What Political Party had its HQ at 8 Marlboro Street, Dublin 1 ?
The Socialist Labour Party
6. How Many of the current batch of Fine Gael TDs have run in Dail, Local or European Elections either as an Independent or for another Party?
(bonus … name them)
Liam Twomey -Elected as an Independent for Wexford in 2002
Fergus O’Dowd -ran for Labour in 1977 and was elected to Louth County Council in 1979 for Labour
Anthony Lawlor -Kildare North- Ran as an Indepndent in Naas in 1999
Ciaran Cannon – Ran in Local and General Elections for the PDs
Mary Mitchell O’Connor- Elected to the council as a PD in 2004
Derek Keating -Ran and elected as an Independent Councillor in 2004 and 1999
7. Which former Roscommon based TD was an International Boxing Judge?
8. Who is the Fianna Fail Spokesperson on Health?
9. What League of Ireland Manager was married to the daughter of Martin McGuinness?
Derry City Manager Declan Devine