The CLR Political Quiz …… Number 9 …. The Answers November 9, 2012Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. How many Public Representatives (TDs, Councillors, Town/Borough Councillors) does the ULA have ?
answer could be 16 or 17 depending on if you count Declan Bree twice.
10 County Councillors ( 5 PBP , 4 SP and Bree)
3 Town/ Borough Councillors (Terry Kelleher and Frank Gallagher of the SP and Declan Bree)
2. Which Sinn Fein politician has as his middle name ‘Pacelli’ ?
3. Who was the first woman to be elected to the Dail as an ‘Independent’?
4. How many Labour TDs (those with the whip) have only ever stood for Labour in elections?
23 -Ann Phelan, Sean Sherlock, Ciaran Lynch, Michael McCarthy, Joe Costello, Joanna Tuffy,Robert Dowds, Brendan Ryan, Aodhan O’Riordan, Sean Kenny, John Lyons, Alex White, Ruairi Quinn, Kevin Humphreys, Joan Burton, Derek Nolan, Arthur Spring,Jack Wall, Emmet Stagg, Ged Nash, Alan Kelly, Ciara Conway, Brendan Howlin
Without Whip -Penrose, Shorthall, Broughan and Nulty
Dominic Hannigan, Michael McNamara, Colm Keavaney -previously ran as Independents
Kathleen Lynch, Anne Ferris, Gilmore, Pat Rabbitte, Eric Byrne -ran for WP/ DL
Eamonn Maloney, Michael Conaghan, Jan O’Sullivan -ran for DSP
5. In which election did The Progressive Democrats record their highest percentage vote?
The 1989 European Elections
6. Myles Heffernan was the only General Election candidate for which Party?
7. In General Elections what was the highest number of votes for a DSP candidate other than Jim Kemmy? and who was it?
John DeCourcy Ireland – 1036 in Dun Laoghaire in November 1982
8. What year did Mary O’Rourke first stand for election ?
The 1979 Local Elections
9. Which TD worked in “international arms control” before his entry into politics?
FG TD Eoghan Murphy