The CLR Political Quiz ….. Number 15 … The Answers January 11, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
After the Christmas break, back with the answers to Number 15
1. Which Labour TD had a campaign song based on the Rubberbandits ‘Horse Outside’?
Michael Conaghan (available here)
2. How many General Elections did The Workers’ Party stand in as “Sinn Fein The Workers Party” ?
Three, 1977, 1981 and Feb 1982
3.The ‘Cannabis Legalisation Party’ fielded 2 candidates in the 1997 General Election. Name them ?
(‘Ming’ Flanagan wasn’t one of them)
Olaf Tyaransen in Dun Laoghaire and Tim Murphy in Cork South Central
4.Which Stormont Assembly Member was the Director of Elections for Labours Michael O’Donovan in the 1996 Dublin West by Election ?
5. In the 2011 General Election 25 women were elected to the Dail. What increase in numbers was it on the previous Dail?
Just the one
6. How many years was Ian Paisely snr and MEP?
25 years. 7 June 1979 – 10 June 2004
7.Who were the members of the Dails first ‘Technical Group’ in the 2002 to 2007 Dail?
Catherine Murphy, Tony Gregory, Marian Harkin, Jerry Cowley, Paudge Connolly, James Breen, Paddy McHugh, Joe Higgins and Finian McGrath
8. How many Assembly seats do the TUV have?
one- Jim Allister
9. Which party got the biggest share of Green Party transfers in 2011?
Fine Gael with 29.88% of them.