The CLR Political Quiz ….. Number 16 …. The Answers January 18, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Who wrote the book ‘Leading Lights: People Who’ve Inspired Me’ ?
2. The brother of which future party leader ran as an ‘Independent Youth’ candidate in the 1991 local elections?
It was Brian Gormley, brother of John Gormley, who ran in the Drumcondra ward where he polled 105 votes.
3. How many Labour TDs retired before the last election?
Four- Mary Upton, Michael D Higgins, Liz McManus and Brian O’Shea
4. Who was the last person to serve as a TD and Inter County Hurling Manager at the same time?
Tony Dempsey of Fianna Fail in Wexford
5.“You Will Never Get This Chance Again…” was a slogan used in Which Referendum?
The 1983 Abortion Referendum!
6. The ‘Seniors Solidarity Party’ fielded one candidate in the 2009 Local Elections, who was he?
John Wolfe in Howth/Malahide
7. Who co wrote the Fianna Fail anthem ‘Charlie’s Song’ (also known as ‘Arise And Follow Charlie’) ?
Pete St John
8. Did Tony Gregory ever serve as Lord Mayor of Dublin?
9. In the current Dail, who are Fianna Fails youngest three TDs?
Charlie McConalogue, Robert Troy and Michael McGrath