The CLR Political Quiz …. Number 21 February 22, 2013Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. In the Stability Treaty Referendum Ronan O’Gara, Brian Cody, Sharon Shannon and Nina Carberry were all in newspaper ads appealing for a Yes vote. What was the name of the group that sponsored the ads?
2. What job did Fianna Fail TD Sean Fleming have prior to being elected a TD?
3. Who was co-opted to replace Joan Collins on Dublin City Council after her election to the Dail in 2011?
4. What candidate who featured in multiple elections in the 1980s had “Abbey of The Holy Cross” as part of his name ?
5. Which former Fianna Fail Councillor stood as an Independent in the 1994 European Elections?
6. In 1989 General Election the ‘Gay and Lesbian Equality Campaign’ fielded 3 candidates , name them ?
7. In 2011 Eamon Ryan was elected leader of the Green Party… who were the 2 defeated candidates in the contest?
8. In 1980 who released a single called ‘Charlie Stepped In’ ? (it was to the tune of Lannigans Ball)
9. What Party had an Address at 27 South Frederick Street , Dublin ? (it wasn’t the PDs)
Answers to CLR Political Quiz 20 below…
1. Ruairi Quinn
2. Believed to be the first traveller to stand for the Dail.
3. Peoples Party of Ireland
4. Jerry Cowley in Mayo
5. Lowest recorded number of votes in a General Election with 13 in Dublin North West in 1997
6. Fine Gael
7. Michael Lowry
8. Yes in the 1991 Local Elections in North Inner City ward.
9. Marc Coleman
10. Frank Cluskey