The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 61….. GAA Special January 10, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which former TD won Railway Cup medals for Hurling and Football on the same day?
2. How many of the GAA Football Team of The Millennium ran for the Dail but were never elected?
3. Which of these 3 TDs played inter county hurling Michael Lowry, Jack Wall and Eoin O’Duffy?
4. Which former TD played inter county football and also had a spell playing Rugby League in England?
5. Which All Ireland Hurling winning manager stood in the 1981 General Election where he failed to win a seat?
6. Which current Fine Gael TD marked Martin Ferris in the 1973 All Ireland Under 21 Final (won by Kerry) ?
7. Name the Labour Party leaders since 1960 that played inter county football?
8. How Many of the GAA Hurling Team of The Millennium served in The Seanad?
9. Which former MEP won a Leinster Senior Hurling title with Laois in 1949?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 60
3. W.B. Yeats
4. Doheny and Nesbitts
5. 2007 General Election (although they did stand in the Assembly elections earlier that year)
6. 1999 Euros and Locals
7. Minister for Posts and Telegraphs
8. 3 Sean Lemass , Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen
9. The Town I Loved so well (a clip can be heard here)
10. John Geoghegan