The CLR Political Quiz ….Number 63 …’Minority’ Sports Special January 24, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
There were requests last week for a Cricket themed quiz one for Road Bowling and so on…… this is the next best thing I could come up with (and I had to trawl through plenty of books etc to come up with the questions)
1. Which former Minister for Sport was also President of a Pitch and Putt club ?
2. Which former Labour TD played Hockey at Interprovincial level for Leinster?
3. Which current Minister got colours in TCD for cross country running and later played league table tennis?
4. Which former Minister was the 1980 Cork Intermediate Handball Champion?
5. Which former Irish Party MP won an Olympic Gold for Tennis in 1896?
6. Who was the last Fianna Fail TD to coach an Irish Basketball team?
7. Which one of these three played cricket for the City of Derry Cricket Club.. Martin McGuinness, Martina Anderson or John Hume ?
8. Which former Minister for Sport is a member of Bol Chumann na hEireann (road bowling) ?
9. Which current TD is a member of Blackwater Kayaking club?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz Number 62 …… Soccer Special
1. Mick Lipper
2. David Andrews
3. Martina Genockey
4. Bill Tormey
5. Oliver St John Gogarty
6. Seamus McGowan
7. Jimmy Harte
8. Neil Blaney
9. Oscar Traynor
10. Brendan McGahon