The CLR Political Quiz … Number 73 August 1, 2014Posted by irishelectionliterature in CLR Political Quiz.
1. Which onetime Senator had a very successful spell as chairman of the Down County Board ?
2. In the 1979 European Elections which party had a song “We’re on our way in Europe” ?
3. Who sung it? and a bonus for answering who the singers uncle was ?
4. What issue got the three people pictured below elected in the 1991 Local Elections?
5. In the 1984 European Elections, what was the anomaly between the Munster and Dublin Constituencies ?
6. Which Green Party candidate got the most votes in the 1991 Local Elections?
7. In which County did Sinn Fein have its lowest percentage Vote in the Republics recent Local Elections ?
8. Anthony Dudley was the election agent for which former President ?
9. Theresa Heaney ran for The Catholic Democrats in this years European Elections. Under which name had that party previously stood for election?
10. Who is this?
Answers to The CLR Political Quiz …. Number 72
1. Roisin Shortall
3. Paul Murphy
4. Dublin West and Limerick City
6. Pearse Doherty
8. He was Unopposed (Also It was the last time somebody was elected to the Dáil to represent a univeristy constituency and It was the last time a Dáil election was conducted entirely by postal vote ..Thanks Tomboktu for that info)
9. Carlow, Leitrim and Longford
10. Grace O’Sullivan