DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE DISAPPEARING ELEPHANT IN DUBLIN PORT ? March 31, 2017Posted by guestposter in Uncategorized.
Well you will have your chance on Saturday night when some former Dublin Dockworkers go from the from the gang-plank to the stage : An evening of stories, as part of the 5 Lamps Festival , this Saturday , April 1st at Lloyds of Amien Street , starting at 8pm.
Here are some of the stories that will be told , by those that lived them ! . Also expect a few songs between tales ,and plenty more beside .
1. Standing in the Read (Paddy Daly)
2. The Uncertain Life of a Docker (Paddy Nevins)
3. Working with geniuses in the hatch (Miley Walsh)
4.The morality of smuggling (Declan Byrne)
5. The Hero William Deans
6. Dockers’ Tools (Pady Daly)
7. Preserving Our Memories through Photographs (Alan Martin)
8. Dockers were found of the odd drink
9. The Tallyman who missed the Elephant (Paddy Daly)
10. The singsong after a dockers’ funeral (Miley Walsh)
11. The traditions of Paying Our Last Respects (Paddy Daly).
(Directed by Niamh Gleeson)
All welcome to what is guaranteed to be a great night.